(1) The Object of the Foundation is the acquisition and holding of shareholdings and other assets, in particular, equity interests in Röchling SE & Co. KG, and the use of the earnings therefrom as well as other donations for non-profit, charitable and religious purposes.
(2) The Foundation exclusively and directly pursues non-profit, charitable and religious purposes within the meaning of section 51 et seq. “Tax-privileged objectives” of the German Tax Code [Abgabeordnung, AO]. It is a charitable organisation and does not primarily pursue its own economic goals.
(3) The Foundation is obliged to use any return on its assets in particular for
a) scientific works, in particular the generation, detailed study and development of scientific findings in the fields of technology (e.g. new materials, new manufacturing systems), economics (e.g. innovation management) and social sciences, and primarily through
– the promotion of research projects in these fields at universities, technical colleges and non-university establishments,
– the awarding of overseas scholarships to young scientists within this field,
– the promotion of relevant scientific conferences,
b) education and vocational training,
c) the promotion of international sentiment and tolerance in all cultural aspects and a spirit of international understanding;
d) environmental protection, to the extent that keeping the air and water clean, fighting noise pollution, waste disposal and improving the safety of nuclear plants are sponsored;
e) the support of individuals who are reliant on the assistance of others due to their physical, mental or emotional condition or are in need within the meaning of section 53.2 of the German Tax Code;
f) the awarding of prizes for outstanding achievements in the areas listed under letters a) – e), insofar as the awarding of such a prize is mandated by the donor in question. The prize shall bear the name mandated by the donor in question. Should the donor neglect to specify a name, said name shall be determined by way of a resolution at the Shareholders’ Meeting;
g) the sponsoring of research projects and relevant conferences in the areas mentioned under d) – e);
h) the sponsoring of the preservation of historic monuments, whereby the sponsoring of the preservation of historic monuments refers to the conservation and restoration of recognised buildings of historic importance as defined in the respective national legislation;
i) the sponsoring of religious communities within the meaning of section 54 paragraph 1 of the German Tax Code.
(4) Purpose of the foundation is also the procurement of funds in accordance with § 58 No. 1 AO for the promotion of the aforementioned tax-privileged purposes for the realisation of the tax-privileged purposes of another corporation or for the realisation of tax-privileged purposes by a corporation under public law, or, insofar as it does not act in the way of institutional promotion, by carrying out its tasks itself or through an auxiliary person within the meaning of § 57 Paragraph 1 Sentence 2 AO. Within this framework, the Foundation may also promote purposes abroad.
(5) The Foundation shall be entitled and obligated to reject donations that are incompatible with the Foundation’s object.